Tuesday, February 7, 2012

trying.....

I have been trying to start this thing and keep up with it...that's going to be the hard part. However, I have embarked on the 365, a photo a day challenge. I am hoping with the dedication to that will help me be dedicated to this.

A family friend is expecting her second child come April. She isn't finding out the sex of the baby. So I needed to make something that is gender-neutral. Since I like to knit little baby gifts and give them to the new parents, I don't like when they don't find out if the baby is going to be a boy or a girl! It's such a hard decision to choose the correct color for the baby. I am hesitant to use tans, greens, or browns for fear that the baby will be a girl and then the little girl will be stuck in brown or green and people will think she is a boy. And I definitely don't want to make anything pink or purple for fear that the baby will be a boy. When I had my little one, she wouldn't cooperate when we had our sonogram, so we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. So, needless to say, we got lots of greens and yellows and it really annoyed me when poeple told me I had the cutest little boy, even after I told them her name, GRACE (SOOOOO not a boys name). Oh, decisions, decisions! This time, I have decided to make the baby a white sweater and hat. You can't go wrong with white, right? Yes, you can! Babies will stain the white clothing. But babies in white are OH SO CUTE! So I decided to chance it and go with white! And I am sure the baby will look adorable in white regardless if it is a boy or a girl!








So, above are the two items I have made thus far. I just love the little button I found to add to the hat. I think it will work perfectly for either a boy or a girl! And I have been debating the buttons on the sweater for about a week now. I think I have decided to go with toggle buttons (even though I am really not a fan of them, but I think they would look best).

So, off to sew on buttons and to look for a pattern to make something for the big sister, because I definitely don't want her to feel left out!

No comments:

Post a Comment